Tuesday, May 7, 2013

PITTER PATTER OF LITTLE FEET...

I am still pretty new to the crafting game, not really the expert crafter.  Pinterest and other blogs are the basis for most of my inspiration.  There have been a couple times where craft supply stores have inspired me. Crafting is simply a hobby for me, I don't plan on making my fortune with it!
 
When Jerm and I got married  last July I wanted something to represent the year that our two families really became one.  I found this adorable foot stool idea on Pinterest and knew that it would work perfectly.  Not only would the foot stool represent our family anniversary but it could be a functional piece too!
 
 
 
 
 
I went thrifting! After a couple of thrift stores, a few Goodwill's and my local Peddlers Mall I finally found the perfect sized foot stool for my little project. Only paid $3.00!

 
 
Now this brown color wasn't going to work, so I sanded it down a little and then searched my supply of paints.  I found a beautiful Martha Stewart Wine colored multi-surface paint in my stash!

 
 
I painted the entire foot stool, using about three coats of paint.  It didn't use the entire bottle of paint and dried pretty quickly!
(This is the same color that I used to stencil my lamp up do)

 
The color in this picture makes it look a lot more pinkish than it really is. This color has become a reoccurring color through-out my house. After the paint dried I was going to use stamp ink to copy the kiddos foot prints, but my ink was dried up so I simply had to paint my kids feet with black  Martha Stewart Paint. Then we just placed the feet firmly down, and lifted straight up (a lot harder than it sounds)!
As you can see they didn't come out perfect but meh, it's not too big a deal!
 
 
I then took a very fine tipped paint brush and painted the sides and front of the foot stool, to make it even more personalized to our family!
Last name and the date we all officially became a family.
 
I don't know why I started referring to my family this way but it's now our thing.
Probably because when I tell people we have four kiddos they look at me like I just said 40 kiddos!
 
All the boys nick names, I am really really bad about using nick names vs given names.
 
All the girls, see we have our nick names too, You hear your given name in my house, you KNOW you are in trouble!!
 
 
The kiddos use this foot stool sometimes in the bathroom, when trying to reach something in the kitchen; or for any other reason their imaginations can come up with.  I have used it for reaching things on shelves and as a time out spot on a couple of occasions. It feels kind of wrong sometimes to use it as a time out chair because they kids and I made it together! :)  We actually get a lot of use out of it.  I didn't put a protective coat on it and the paint has held up just fine.
(yeah I should have posted this a couple months..heck almost a year ago, but I lost the pictures *lol*)

 
 
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!