Sunday, December 9, 2012

CHRISTMAS TREE SHIRTS AND HAIR BOWS!!

Our family really doesn't dress up for Christmas.  Normally I just buy the kiddos funny saying shirts that I can find at Wal-Mart, pair them with a pair of jeans and we are done!  I used to buy the kids new PJ's and let them wear those but with the family dynamic changing over the years and different traditions that stopped working so well.

This year I decided to make the girls cute little shirts that I found on Pinterest. 
There are so many people who have them, it would be a nightmare to link them, plus I didn't follow anyone's directions so I don't feel too bad about it!

All you need is a shirt, some ribbon, fabric glue, hot glue and something to represent the star on the tree.

  1. I measured the width of the bottom of the shirt, the subtracted 2 inches to get the bottom row.
  2. Then I cut each piece of ribbon 1 inch shorter than the one before that.
  3. I measured the width of the space between the arms of the shirt, using that spot as the "star" placement.
  4. You can hot glue the "star" on, or sew it on. Depends on how sturdy you want it.  My girls are just wearing it on Christmas, so I hot glued mine.
  5. Leave a little space between the "star" and the first row of ribbon and then use the fabric glue to glue it down.
  6. Keep spacing and gluing all the ribbon pieces down.
  7. I cut a little bit of brown ribbon and made it the base, see simple!
*Helpful Hint: Make sure to burn the edges of the ribbon so it doesn't fray!


I made a lot of these today for most of the little girls in my family!




Babydoll has a red version!




Her little sister on her moms side has a pink one!




My nieces who are sisters have matching black ones!
 



Baby Boogie has a white one, I had more time to spend on this one, plus is seemed too simple with just the green tree (the other ribbon had white backgrounds and didn't show too well) So I added buttons as ornaments! Again, you can sew these on, or like me take the easy route and hot glue them down!



Each little girl got a bow to go with her shirt, except the youngest niece because she wont wear them!

First measure about six inches of ribbon. Cut four of these!




Fold one side three inches in and glue it down, then repeat with the other side!



Make two of these then glue them down in the shape of a little t!
Then simply take your two t's and glue them together. Cris crossing them.
 You can add buttons or gems to the middle, you can also sew these instead of gluing them.
Then I just glued the bow's to an alligator clip and there you go...Christmas hair bows!

In a previous post I added a link and talk about covering the ugly shiny metal of an alligator clip you can go HERE for that.


Shared this at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!