- Hamburger Meat: 1 LB (you can use ground chuck or lean whatever is your preference)
- Powdered Ranch Dressing: 1 Package
- Taco Seasoning: 2 Packages (Mild, Strong, whatever your family preference)
- Black Beans: 2 Cans
- Red Kidney Beans: 2 Cans
- Great Northern Beans: 2 Cans (you can also use navy beans)
- Shoepeg Corn: 1 Can
- Diced Tomatoes: 2 Cans (you can also use Rotel tomatoes, to add a bit of a kick)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: 1 Package
- Sour Cream: 16 OZ (we really like sour cream)
- Tortilla Chips: 1-2 Bags
- Brown Hamburger meat adding the Taco Seasoning ass directed on package, and drain excess fat.
- Combine all Can goods (with Juices) and package of Ranch Dressing in large cooking pot or Crock Pot.
- Add Hamburger meat to the other combined ingredients.
- If you use a cooking pot heat to a boil then allow to simmer for 30 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally.
- If you use a Crock Pot either heat it on high for 1-2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Every one in this house loves this soup/dip we all get our own bowl of soup topped with the cheese and the sour cream, and our own bowl of tortilla chips. We like to use the Tostitos Scoops, and dip the soup out, then we finish the bowl with a spoon. I sometimes double the amount I make and take it to friends or my dad, when I double I only increase all the canned goods by one can, but double everything else. ( My crock Pot is only so big lol ) I like to use this recipe any time that I go to a pot luck or anytime we are having people over to the house. It really does make a lot and is very filling! I hope that your family enjoys it as much as ours does!
Linked this at: