Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jerm's Anniversary Gift

Here is a little anniversary gift that I made Jeremy (Jerm) for our two year anniversary.  I got the idea off Pinterest of course, but I can't remember where now, so if this was yours let me know and I will give you the credit for the idea!!

All you need is Glue, (craft glue or paper glue seems to work fine), Scissors, a small hand held Hole Punch, some kind of Paper, (I used some leftover scrapbook paper that I had on hand and bought a few pieces to get the exact look that I was going for), Scrabble Pieces, Binder Rings and a Deck of playing cards.






I then listed on a piece of paper 52 reasons that I love Jerm, things that make me think about him, and the important memories and dates of our relationship...a little harder than I thought it would be.  I then traced around a playing card to get the size of paper that I needed.  I proceeded to cut all that scrapbook paper to size and glued it on the playing cards front and back. ( BTW I used the Joker cards that come with every deck to make the front and back covers)  Then I just punched two holes along the left side of each card, ( I did this by eye, if you want you can measure to be more exact but all the kids were home and he was at work, so I didn't have that kind of time on my hands) I used the scrap pieces of all that cut scrapbook paper to number and write my 52 reasons ect.  I wanted them to alternate reasons, things that remind me of him and special memories so I organized all them before I committed to gluing them down on the covered playing cards.





After arranging all the playing cards in order, I then simply slipped the back cover onto the binder rings, then went backwards from 52-1.  I took the front cover glued a little definition that I liked on it, glued our initials on the corner (scrabble pieces) and then attached it to the binder rings too.

Front Cover:


Back Cover:


If I would have had this blog when I made this little book I probably would have taken more pictures to show the process, but I can only hope that my directions didn't confuse anyone.  Jerm really liked the little book, homemade and heartfelt gifts are very popular in this family.  He even confessed to looking through it from time to time just as a reminder!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks...I still would like to know why his initial is worth more points than mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!