Thursday, November 21, 2013

It's Been A While...

I can't believe that it has been over three months since my last post.  Where does all the time go?  I honestly thought that I would be able to post at least two to three times a week; when I first began this blog.  Hmm, life does have a way of throwing those curve balls when you aren't looking.
 So speaking of curve balls...what have we been up to for the past three months?
Well, the Fall Baseball season finished up and honestly I am not sure if fall ball is worth it.  We started off thinking that it was going to be a "less competitive, more practice like season" boy were we wrong! What they actually meant was that there wouldn't be any "actual" umpires and the rules were going to be based on the morals of the teams and coaches we played against.  Let's just say it was an interesting season that I had to bite my lip through most of.

We spent a lot of the summer going to the park and just enjoying the outdoors.  Honestly, I would have liked to spend much more time outside.  I think that next summer we will be able to accomplish a lot more outdoor time, and a lot of the activities that I had planned on doing.  If Christmas works out to my plan...

In October Monkey turned 11!!! Goodness I feel old admitting that.  We celebrated at a local laser tag place and the kiddos had a blast.  Monkey wanted a zombie theme, which works out with the venue because it's Zombie laser tag.  I even made these super scary zombie cupcakes to celebrate the day.
 All I did was buy these zombie finger puppets from the dollar section of Wal Mart and place them on top of each cupcake.  The red sprinkles were supposed to represent blood, and the icing was supposed to be green. They were supposed to look like zombies coming out of the ground, but alas the green color never turned out right.  They were still a fun addition to the party, and we may be venturing back to laser tag, just for a fun night out.






Towards the end of October I was blessed to be there for one of my amazingly beautiful friends when she was married.  She had a wedding shower vs the bridal shower. Again I played with cupcakes and made a pull apart cake that looked like a wedding dress! I found the inspiration on Pinterest, and was pretty pleased with the way that it turned out!




We didn't carve pumpkins like usual for Halloween this year, instead we melted crayons all over them.  This was a task that took a lot of thought...and practice makes perfect.


During the first week of November a tree tried to murder me. The tree was vengeful and jealous, it let emotions run high and fell flat on it's face. Honestly, I was standing where it fell not two seconds before.  I did suffer injury from the debris of flying pine cones, but nothing too substantial




On Monday the kids and I finally convinced Jerm that we needed another pet.  I wanted a larger dog, but nothing too large. I have been reading up on good family dogs for a while, and was watching the local shelter's web page for a while.  Well, we found our perfect puppy! He is a Blue Heeler mix and we love him to pieces already.  He was one of four puppies and I so wanted a blue one, but our dog won out.  The day I went to look at them, he was the most loving towards Baby Boogie and I knew he was ours the minute I held him.
Na na na na na...meet Batman!



Honestly, that's about it! I can't really think of too much else that happened over the past three months.  Work, kids, sleep...and repeat!  I plan on eventually giving some step by step instructions on the pull a part cake, and I have a ton of crafts I plan on doing for Christmas.  Let's hope that I can get back to blogging on a regular basis.  I know it's good for me, and hopefully every once in a while someone else will find it useful!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!