Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Candy Dishes


Christmas is my favorite time of the year!  I love the music, making and buying gifts that I know others will enjoy, wrapping presents, decorating, teaching my children about the reason for Christmas and just the whole feel of the season and holiday!


About 4 or 5 months ago I was at a local thrift store and I found these adorable little Christmas dessert plates!  I bought them right away, even though I was wearing shorts and Christmas was still pretty far off, but they cost me only $0.50 and I figured I would find something to use them for!



After letting them gather dust for months, and then forgetting that I had them...I found them today and decided that I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I have seen these adorable DIY cakes stands made of candle sticks and plates, they inspired me.  The plates were all the same size so a cake stand wouldn't work but...I could make candy dishes!!!


I still have a few a lot of black candle sticks left over from the wedding and thought that they would accent the colorful dishes, plus they were on hand and free!



I needed something to hold them together....scrounging around in my container of different adhesives I found one that I thought might work.  I honestly don't know how long this will hold them but they seem to be pretty stable and it's not like I will be throwing them around or anything.  I just washed the candy dishes with a soapy dish towel and will wait and see how they hold up!



I just ran a good amount of adhesive around the top edges of the candle sticks...



then placed them upside down on the bottom side of the plates. I followed the directions on the back of the adhesive and let them dry for two hours.  I have picked them up by the candle stick alone, washed them with a soapy dish towel and they are still holding strong!





Now I have cute little Christmas candy dishes to display candy.....for a whole two seconds!  Lets face it with four kiddos, a husband who is addicted to Reese's like it's crack, and me with my dark chocolate obsession...the candy won't last long!! Unless I buy the crappy candy...I may just buy the crappy candy!




Linked up with:





Now  I know that it has been a while since I posted anything but I started a new job...hello Police Dispatcher (sorry Police Telecommunication)!!! The training hours are well....a little obnoxious and I haven't had too much free time recently.  I plan on getting some more posts up soon but I just need to get them all together! So if you click that pretty link below it may just inspire me to get my butt in gear and work faster!!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!