Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Flower Girl Basket

I needed a flower girl basket for Babydoll, I wanted something simple, but something that looked elegant all at the same time.  Our wedding colors are Black White and Tiffany Blue (which is practically a teal color) I was out at thrift stores and came across this basket.....figured it would be perfect!!!




 I like it because it is light weight, not too big, but not small either, so I got some supplies together and got to work!!!  Unfortunately I didn't take pictures along the way but it is really really simple to do.  I need to get better about taking pictures.





  • Basket...thrift store $2.00
  • Spray paint of your color....I also used the cheap stuff as a primer but that is just so I wouldn't have to use so much of the good stuff. Already had this but normally $5.00
  • Ribbon...I used a 3/8 inch ribbon, but you could probably go bigger if you wanted.  Again, already had this from other projects but depending on the color and size it can range from $1.00 to $4.00
  • Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
  • 1 1/2 inch of fabric of your choice about 2 FT long...I used a satin like white fabric,I didn't hem it because I like the stray little fabric fly away things!  Already had the fabric!!
                                      Total Cost $2.00 :)
  1. First I primed the basket with the cheap spray paint, let it dry then gave it a good couple coats with the Krylon.
  2. When the basket was finished I attached the ribbon to the handle and hot glued it in place, I honestly don't know the length of the ribbon but it hangs off 5 in on each side.
  3. I attached the little rosettes to the handle using hot glue...the Rosettes are made from that 2 ft fabric.....I need to take a step by step picture show of how to make those!




  That's it and my flower girl basket is done!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!