Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ants....I just can't stand them!!!

In Kentucky you end up with ants everywhere during the summer!!! In the weirdest of places and of course the places you would expect them.  I despise ants, they are the bane of my existence most summer months.  Ok, that may be a little extreme, but they really do annoy me!!  One day while enjoying my timed pintrest fun (yes I set a timer otherwise I lose all track of time) I found a recipe to kill the little boogers.  I want to share this...need to share this for all those other unfortunate souls who are going ant crazy!!!

Ingredients:

Yield:4cups

Directions:


  1. Mix the sugar and Boric Acic well.
  2. Add the warm water slowly, mixing all the while so it won't be too lumpy.
  3. Store in a jar.
  4. When ready to use, put cotton into the top of a jar lid to fill it, and then saturate the cotton to the top.
  5. Place where you want it; make several if you need it.
  6. Will keep for a long while.
  7. NOTE: I usually drip a drop or two over the edge of the lid to rest on the counter so they will find it sooner.
  8. It sometimes takes a little while for them to find it, but find it they will.
  9. When they do, let them alone; you will want to kill them because they look so creepy; but don't because they will hang over the edge of the lid and drink, drink, drink, and then take it back to the nest.
  10. Almost over night, they will be gone.

The Pinrest picture led me to the site above.  So I followed the directions, except I have a basket of random sock and since we were gone all day, and I ran out of containers, well yeah some socks got used :)  I have two cats, they sniffed one container and left it alone, but  I would still be careful where you placed it!!

This is what I found when I got home, and the white socks well they were almost black.....it is very hard not to kill them all....they are just sitting there easy targets and all....but they need to take that back to the hill, so for now there they stay.....I will update on how it works!!!



UPDATE:

After about 24 hours I no longer have ants in my laundry room ( where the cat food is) there are none on my computer table, (where I have a tendency to spill drinks on the floor) and there are very very few in my living room and kitchen, I say success!!! I think that I am going to put these little containers down each night till they are all gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!