Friday, December 6, 2013

Toby's, The Elf On The Shelf, First Week...

This is the second year that we have participated with the Elf on the Shelf.  Last year I introduced the kiddos to the idea with the book, movie and a little note written by Santa about good-vs-bad choices and how he understands grace.
 
 
I just wanted to write up a short post showing what our Elf has been up to.
 
Day 1: Toby came in by parachute. I know that a lot of families make a big fuss the morning the elf shows up. Some even have elaborate breakfast's and gifts, yeah...we don't do that! It's not that I have anything against it, I just forgot that our elf was supposed to be there in the morning. I remembered at about 2 am when I was on my way home from work, so nothing elaborate was going to happen.
 
 
Day 2: With Baby Boogie more alert about Christmas and everything going on around her she has become very interested in Toby.  Toby must now hide out of the reach of a very tall almost three year old's hands! So on the second day he decided to sing Karaoke on the fridge using Babydoll's princess music player.

 
Day 3: Toby was feeling very playful (mommy was feeling very tired) so he decided to swing from the ceiling using Christmas ribbon.

 
Day 4: Baby Boogie is deathly afraid of Bubby's dinosaur, she won't go anywhere near the toy.  It has caused a lot of mean spirited-ness from her daddy and I and a lot of laughs.  Toby decided to wrangle up the dino and go for a ride.  Even though he was within reach, Baby Boogie never tried to touch him.

 
Day 5: Toby wanted to be a hero! Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Toby! Mommy had a lot of sleep that day!

 
Day 6: I finally got around to putting up the tree, but after hours of searching for the stupid legs to the tree there was no way that I was going to decorate it.  I had to tear my clean house apart, find the legs, then clean my house again.  Toby was nice enough to decorate the tree for us...using socks!

 
Day 7: Toby decided he just wanted to hang out, it's amazing how easy going that elf is when I have had very little sleep the night before, or had a very very long night at work! Nice Job Elf!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like your calling card, tell me what you think!